Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lizbot_gw

New member, question about Daewoo

LizBot
11 years ago

Hello. :) I just joined after reading a rather... rousing... thread about European vs. American laundry appliances. I was searching for some information after visiting the appliance store today and it seems you have many knowledgeable people here.

I am interested in a front loading washer/dryer combo on sale for about $1000. They are by Daewoo -- and are apparently not being sold in the U.S. anymore after they are gone due to tariffs or some other ridiculous bureaucratic reason. Since they had just arrived in this store a month ago and are being discontinued already, it is difficult to find any information.

I do like the look of the advanced controls for temperature and longer cycle times (especially after reading about the differences in washing whites in a European machine). However, this model may not be as much like the European machines as I would hope -- and I would rather not think I'm snagging a great deal for 50% off and find I actually just bought a trussed up version of what I already own. This set has some "Steam" and "Sanitary" settings I am not familiar with; this makes me nervous that it's simply fluff to distract me.

I know the Daewoo may not be particularly high end, but I am saving up for a 4 bedroom home and have a family of 5 to do laundry for. I want clean laundry that my current super-cheap Inglis set can't deliver... without breaking the bank. Hopefully someone here knows a little about these machines!

Thanks so much in advance. I'm very excited to find a place with people who love clean laundry as much as I do (most people around here just find me strange). :)

Comments (2)