Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
older Asko or newer Miele washing machine

Posted by iheartlaundry (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 3, 11 at 18:29

I am torn between an older 220v Asko model (W6164) that I just found on Craigslist or a new Miele that would only be a 110v. I really want a 220v to be able to wash with high temp washes...but am afraid I will be disappointed in not going with a Miele since they have such a great reptutation for washing clothes so gently and for lasting so long.

Hoping to get feedback from someone who has owned an older(220v) and newer(110v) Miele. Are you as happy with the performance of the newer model?

And as much as I would love a Little Giant...the price point is just too high for me:(

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: older Asko or newer Miele washing machine

"....able to wash with high temp...."

If your idea of "high temp" is above 155-160F, your choice will be limited to 220v machines.

If you want to be able to personally select a particular temperature in a cycle as opposed to selecting whatever the mfgr's euphemism for a cycle may be, you're almost limited to Miele. Almost everybody else offers only "cold"/"warm"/"hot" as selections available but they DO NOT tell you what they mean by those words. For example, my Duet 9400 set on "hot" in a cycle that doesn't utilize the on-board heater actually delivers 100-105F max during the wash. That's not what I call "hot". I do have two cycles available that deliver actual temp of 127F and another that goes to 157F but I had to call and badger the phone-tech in order to be advised what those temps actually were. Be sure you know what your machine will actually deliver.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here