Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kenmore Washers?

Posted by tryingtogetby (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 21, 10 at 17:38

Washing machine for family just burned out, so looking to purchase a new FL within next day or two. On the advice of Consumer Reports, I am looking at the Kenmore 4027(2) and the Kenmore 4903(2). Anyone here have experience with either? The 40272 is $150 more expensive than the other due to the addition of an internal heater and "Smart Motion". We will not use bells and whistles like custom settings, etc. Budget is a concern, but we don't want to give up an internal heater if it's hugely important.
Thanks for your thoughts!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kenmore Washers?

I don't have a Kenmore (I have a Bosch) but an internal heater is hugely important, IMO. After having had an internal heater I will never again buy a washer without one.

o

I agree, the internal heater is very important In my opioion as well, even more so if your hot water heater is far away from the washer. The kenmore you described is made my LG, so it should be reliable for you

o

Thanks for your comments -- I appreciate it. Ordered the 4027 this afternoon.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here