Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Washing mashine suggestions for horse laundry?

Posted by subk3 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 17, 13 at 17:22

The biggest problem is dirty horse blankets--think queen size comforter. (I'll hose off any mud first!) Top load/front load? HE/non-HE? How big/cu ft would I need?

Ideally I'm thinking big, basic and inexpensive, any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Washing mashine suggestions for horse laundry?

Future MIL always uses large capacity top loader with agitator. Honestly, I would try to find an old set made well in good condition. Those horse blankets are something else.

o

A barn that was near me when we kept a horse or two there had a commercial speed queen front loader set for pads, wraps, etc. But for the horse blankets they always took them to a commercial laundry for cleaning.

o

Yeah, the blankets are big and dirty, even with the mud hosed/brushed off. I worry about water efficiency models just not having enough water to clean them.

The commercial place where I usually do them myself has stopped accepting them. I can send them off and have them done, but it costs as much as $30 a blanket and I have over a dozen of them to keep clean during the winter!

Saddle pads and wraps are not a big deal. They do just find in my home washer. (Although I'd love to keep them out of the house!) But I draw the line at doing horse blankets in the same machine as my unmentionables! ;-0

o

Inexpensive machines dont clean that well and they blow up due to the heavy blanket.

Little Giant from Miele has an equine program made for horse blankets

o

Inexpensive machines dont clean that well and they blow up due to the heavy blanket.

Little Giant from Miele has an equine program made for horse blankets

o

Oh I would have loved to get that Little Giant for our use. But it was just too expensive considering all the other things we need.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here