Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
overhear_gw

QUIET stackable washer/dryer for 2nd floor?

overhear
12 years ago

I was thrilled when our architect found an extra few inches so that I can install a full-size stackable washer/dryer in our 2nd floor hallway closet.

Now I'm just overwhelmed by all the info in the forum posts. From what I've read the manufacturers seem to still be benefiting from brand-loyalty they cultivated way-back-when when the machines were built to last decades.

But unfortunately for those of us who are buying in 2011, it's a confusing world. I started thinking Whirlpool Duet, then read bad reviews here and went on to Bosch -- until I saw that Consumer Reports panned the 300 for noise/vibration problems -- not good for a 2nd floor closet.

People seem gaga for the Mieles, but they don't carry a full-size stackable unit so I don't have to lose sleep over whether the extra $$$ would be worthwhile.

So, what to do? Can anyone recommend a full-size stackable unit that is *quiet* and reliable. I don't mind paying a little bit more for quality and reliability, but I don't need anything fancy or lots of different options and settings.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

Comments (9)