Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Counter height.

Posted by janet941 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 27, 10 at 16:23

Would it be better to have some of the counter in the laundry room at desk height? For folding laundry.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Counter height.

If it's a comfortable height for you, do it.

o
RE: Counter height.

Kind of depends on what you do when you fold laundry.

If you shake the garments and "air-fold" them and put them into laundry baskets for delivery elsewhere, then lower might be better.

If you sit and fold on a surface, then desk height would be good.

If you stand and fold on a surface, then higher than counter top might be better,depending on your height.

Take an ironing board out and adjust it to determine the perfect height for whatever "folding" chore you do.

I'm quite short, so my fold-on surface is about 34" above the floor(2 inches less than typical counter height). I have a lower wide shelf that holds the laundry baskets to stack the folded stuff in. I also have a higher folding shelf (about 39") that my tall DH uses for folding. We both fold while standing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here