Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good Stain Remover with Charlie's Soap?

Posted by honeybeem (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 13, 11 at 15:59

I just started using Charlie's Soap and am noticing some stains that would have usually come out, still there. I sprayed the stains with my usual Shout spray...could it be the Shout reacts negatively with Charlie's? If so can anyone recommend a great stain removing product to use instead? I know about the one that Charlie's sells, but would still be interested to hear opinions about it and any other ones I could compare with including any at the regular box store. Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good Stain Remover with Charlie's Soap?

Once I bought a new FL washer and learned about different detergents on this forum, I stopped using CS. I used CS in our old TL washer for quite a few years and it does nothing for stains. I used the CS all-purpose cleaner as a stain pre-treat for the first couple years, as well as Shout. Some stains just don't want to come out, because CS has no enzymes in it. Grease/oil/fat based stains came out with some Dawn liquid dish detergent rubbed in and let set for several minutes, as a pre-treatment. I still have to do it in my FL washer with enzyme-based detergents. I use the regular Dawn, nothing jazzed up. Some stains required Citra-Solv, and others required a soak in Oxy-Clean.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here