Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New to Charlie's Soap. How much do I use?

Posted by twebbz (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 8, 12 at 14:19

I've got a 2.6 Maytag FL and have been using the "normal" amount of liquid Tide, Wisk and Method with good results.(Half the normal amount for towels)
I purchased Charlie's Soap powder to try and they recommend one full tablespoon of product for a LARGE load. I think I would use less, but how much?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New to Charlie's Soap. How much do I use?

Your Charlie's Soap powder should have come with a green scoop inside--1 level scoop for a large load is all you need.

Before you run any clothes through the washer, toss in some old towels, use 2 level scoops of Charlie's Soap and run a normal cycle with hot water. This will clean the machine from the previous detergent's residues. Then you're ready to wash--note that it may take a few washes with the Charlie's to get all the old detergent residue out of the clothing itself. Your clothes/towels may feel a little stiff (or just not as soft) until all the residue is gone. Once it's gone, expect the softness to return.

Here's a link to the Charlie's Soap site...you should find plenty of information there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Charlie's Soap

o

By 2.6 Maytag FL does that mean it is the cu. ft. capacity? One tablespoon (green scoop) will be sufficient, depending on how soft or hard your water is.

o

Yes, 2.6 is the capacity of my machine. It's a 24" COMPACT unit. When using standard detergent, the amount for LARGE loads is too much, lots of suds. But for all my regular loads, the normal amount is just right...for example, four squirts of Method. The directions note six squirts for large loads. So, I'm thinking one tablespoon of Charlie's for a regular load may be too much...maybe reduce it by 1/3 to two TEASPOONS?

o

@twebbz - it would not hurt to reduce the dose and see how your laundry comes out. The worst thing that can happen is you have to wash it all over again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here