Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bosch compact washer and Asko compact dryer compatibility

Posted by A143 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 19, 13 at 14:05

Does anyone know if you can plug a Bosch compact washer into
an Asko compact dryer? My old Asko washer had (and my hopefully future Bosch has) a 240V-3prong plug, but neither company will tell me if they are compatible. Personally, I will never buy an Asko washer again -- lots and lots of repairs and it only lasted a little over the seven year mark. The dryer has been fine.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bosch compact washer and Asko compact dryer compatibility

Hi A143. I have no idea if they're compatible, but I just replaced my old Bosch set yesterday. They're still in our breezeway awaiting haul off. So II can shoot a picture of the Bosch washer plug if that will allow you to compare it to your Asko's plug.

I can shoot a picture of the Bosch dryer plug, too. For some reason, I'm thinking it is a four prong plug.

o
RE: Bosch compact washer and Asko compact dryer compatibility

The Bosch washer has a three-prong NEMA 6-15P plug that fits into a 6-15R outlet - 208 or 240 volt, 15 amp, with two horizontal slots in a row (both hot) and a round ground hole. If your Asko dryer outlet looks like the upper one in this pic (the lower outlet is the more familiar 120v), it should work.

The dryer probably has a large 208/240 volt, 30 amp plug at the end of a thick cable, intended to power a large 27" or wider American electric dryer. Most of the smaller 24" wide dryers draw less than 15 amps, but are often supplied with a 30 amp plug anyway (either 3 or 4 prong, often owner swappable) with internal fusing at 15 amps because such wall outlets are common in American laundry rooms. Since the dryer draws less than 15 amps, a 240 volt/15 amp outlet on the back of the dryer allows a 240V/15A washer to plug into the dryer, and the dryer to plug into a 240V/30A outlet thus powering both machines.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here