Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
schudog_gw

Bosch Nexxt 500 spin cycle

schudog
14 years ago

Howdy - proud new owner of a Bosch Nexxt 500 washer, but can't for the life of me figure out how to run a spin cylce only. Don't see anything in the owners manual (though it does tell you to run a spin cycle during installation prior to leveling it), or any button on top. Am I just missing something?

Thanks

Comments (8)

• looser
    14 years ago

Congrats to your new washer. I have had the Nexxt 500plus for two years now and I like it a lot.
    As far as I know, it is not possible to run a spin cycle only. You can use the "refresh" cycle, which is a short rinse followed by a spin. It doesn't take long and does not use too much water, so it is not really an issue. The sibling Siemens washer has a "drain and spin" cycle, but it is not widely available.
    I haven't had any issues with my washer.
    Hope this helps.

• schudog
    Original Author
    14 years ago

That's what I ended up doing, was just wondering if there was a spin only cycle...

Thanks

• ddl2dance
    11 years ago

Dear Adrienne:

You are a life/money saver! I have had this issue ever since I bought it. I personally am not a fan. This same issue has cost me over $700 w/repairmen doing exactly what you showed above and still charging me for the visit.

Best Christmas present so far this year! Many, many thanks.

• jdenyer232
    11 years ago

Just be careful doing a spin thru the diagnostics as the balancing software is disabled. This means that if a load is badly out of balance it will spin it up to full speed, even if that means broken machine parts. Always watch to make sure that the load will spin safely before leaving it alone, otherwise you could be in for a nasty surprise. Hope this helps.

• billphx
    9 years ago

Hallelujah, David's secret cord has been found! This has been driving me nuts and Bosch hotline agreed that it's absurd to design a washer without a drain/spin, but they knew of no way to do it. Thanks so much!

• NikkiLynn Gardner
    2 years ago

Washer selection knob in OFF position.
    b. Hold the 'Spin Selection' and 'Delay Start' buttons down at the same time.
    c. While holding those two buttons, turn the Washing selector knob to Permanent Press-Cold.
    d. Keep the buttons held down until the LCD control panel reads 'P:01'
    d. Release buttons.
    e. Use the 'Spin Selection' button to cycle thru the codes. Stop when it reads 'P:04' which is the spin cycle.
    f. Press 'Start/Pause' button to begin the spin cycle.

• Monica Wood
    last year

Thank God for posts like these! I was washing a bunch of pillows and they were sopping wet after the cycle, even on "max" spin! This was a lifesaver!