Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bosch Nexxt 500 spin cycle

Posted by schudog (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 23, 09 at 14:04

Howdy - proud new owner of a Bosch Nexxt 500 washer, but can't for the life of me figure out how to run a spin cylce only. Don't see anything in the owners manual (though it does tell you to run a spin cycle during installation prior to leveling it), or any button on top. Am I just missing something?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bosch Nexxt 500 spin cycle

Congrats to your new washer. I have had the Nexxt 500plus for two years now and I like it a lot.
As far as I know, it is not possible to run a spin cycle only. You can use the "refresh" cycle, which is a short rinse followed by a spin. It doesn't take long and does not use too much water, so it is not really an issue. The sibling Siemens washer has a "drain and spin" cycle, but it is not widely available.
I haven't had any issues with my washer.
Hope this helps.

o

That's what I ended up doing, was just wondering if there was a spin only cycle...

Thanks

o

This issue was driving me absolutely crazy, especially with a soaking wet comforter in my machine this morning after repeated rinse cycles. Furious at Bosch engineers who for some reason seem to think a spin-only cycle is unimportant.

But I found this fantastic tip from Timmster over at FixYa, which I'm posting to help others. Not only did I get to do the spin only using the easy diagnostics codes, but whatever problem was stopping the machine from spinning properly before was resolved!:

'Had a repair man here for the same issue. Learned two things:

1. Too much detergent causes 'soap lock.' The electronics will get confused when there's too many suds left after a rinse and shut the spin cycle down. That's why re-running the entire cycle without more detergent solves the problem. Use less detergent.

2. There is a way to manually get the spin cycle to run using diagnostics codes. Here's what my guy did:

a. Washer selection knob in OFF position.
b. Hold the 'Spin Selection' and 'Delay Start' buttons down at the same time.
c. While holding those two buttons, turn the Washing selector knob to Permanent Press-Cold.
d. Keep the buttons held down until the LCD control panel reads 'P:01'
d. Release buttons.
e. Use the 'Spin Selection' button to cycle thru the codes. Stop when it reads 'P:04' which is the spin cycle.
f. Press 'Start/Pause' button to begin the spin cycle.

I don't know what the other codes do but this should save you from having to run the entire wash cycle.

Hope that helps! Tim'

Here is a link that might be useful: Fixya post

o

Dear Adrienne:

You are a life/money saver! I have had this issue ever since I bought it. I personally am not a fan. This same issue has cost me over $700 w/repairmen doing exactly what you showed above and still charging me for the visit.

Best Christmas present so far this year! Many, many thanks.

o

Just be careful doing a spin thru the diagnostics as the balancing software is disabled. This means that if a load is badly out of balance it will spin it up to full speed, even if that means broken machine parts. Always watch to make sure that the load will spin safely before leaving it alone, otherwise you could be in for a nasty surprise. Hope this helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here