Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone ever ordered Persil direct from Germany?

Posted by tennblondie78 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 21, 13 at 13:49

Has anyone ever ordered Persil and Vernel from a German website? I was wondering if it would be cheaper to do that and pay international shipping than the high prices in the US for it. Just curious. I tried to do it through Amazon.de just to get an idea of what shipping would be, but when I get to the checkout page it says it can't ship.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone ever ordered Persil direct from Germany?

I checked eBay.de but it seems most retailers on there seem to ship only here in Germany. Besides, the packages are expensive. How much do you pay for a box of Persil? Which size?

Alex

o

I paid $41 USD for a 48 load box of Persil Color Gold Megaperls...

o

Three packs of Persil (the concentrated formula) would give you 48 loads. If on sale, you'd pay $15 in a store over here. I have not looked into shipping options yet, though. I expect it to be rather expensive.

o

We've had a Miele washer for a bit > 10 years and have used nothing but Persil. When purchased, the model we chose was the one "larger size" sold. If I remember right it has a 5 kilo capacity instead of the very tiny 3.5 or so that they put out with their standard models. SO, it's bigger but still more like the smallish European size compared to other front loaders made for the American market.

Our experience is that like American laundry products, the recommended amount per load shown on the Persil boxes is WAY too much. We use the concentrated Megaperls color (now called Color Gold), and either the non concentrated or concentrated (Megaperls) with oxy bleach for whites.

I think the little scooper we use is a teaspoon but I'm not sure. It's small. We use 1 measure of concentrated grains for a full load and 1.5 of the non concentrated. If the load is dirtier than normal, we might sprinkle one third of a measure into the prewash slot, and if the load is less than full, we might use only 2/3rds in total.

I just weighed one of our little scoops full of Megaperls and it contains 10 grams of the product. Rounding up to 15 grams (more than we average per load) and with a 3.2 kg box, that's over 200 loads for the $41 box. The box recommends using something like 3 times as much as we do and I can say from experience that's much more than is needed to do the job.

We don't have little kids who play in the dirt so perhaps our loads aren't as dirty as what a very young family would have. But even when washing much dirtier than normal stuff, it always comes out completely clean and with a light fresh smell.

Try using less, see what your experience is.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here