Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bosch 500 series vs. LG3360 for upstairs laundry room?

Posted by clubcracker (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 26, 11 at 12:01

Hi all,

I had pretty much decided on the Bosch 500 Vision series w/d (electric dryer) for our new house. But now I am doubting myself and looking at the LG 3360's and 2550's.

Can anyone offer any insight or real life experiences?

I'm particularly concerned about cleaning/dryin quality (of course) but also about noise and vibration since this set will be located where we sleep.

Thanks!

Mary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bosch 500 series vs. LG3360 for upstairs laundry room?

We have a Bosch 500 Nexxt and I will probably never buy another front loader again. Had a Maytag before. My main issue is that the manufacturers are so eat up with saving water that I don't feel that the clothes are getting clean. I dump a couple of extra gallons of water in each load & the clothes are now cleaner (sweat smells). Mechanically the Bosch is a fine unit - we have had no issues in the last 4 years.

I have tried all recommendations about detergent, amount thereof and so forth. The only thing that helped was adding extra water.

o

I have a Bosch nexxt 500 and I don't know how different it is from the vision you are considering. The vibration on my machine is pretty bad.
My laundry room is on the first floor of a crawl space house and I can feel the vibration upstairs in our game room when it spins.

o

Thanks for the feedback so far. Any LG owners here? 3360 or 3550? Happy?

I'm open to other brands too...but can't afford Miele.

Need an electric dryer, good wash and dry quality, like to have steam (hate to iron), and little noise/vibration for 2nd floor location.

After some research I'll probably try the stall mat under whichever set we choose...

o

You can these at Sears right now for about $700 each.

The LG WT5001

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02685442000P?

I have read about 200+ reviews in the past 2 days and 99% of them are 5 Star.
We just bought the pair today

Here is a link that might be useful: LG WT 5001

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here