Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NOTICE: Persil Users - Gold powder (Polish?)

Posted by livebetter (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 19, 10 at 11:58

I was just informed by someone at Henkel in Germany that the Persil powder version some of us have been buying (looks like it comes from Poland or other European countries - not Germany) is NOT the same as the German versions.

Henkel had difficulty getting their Persil shipments here and someone "else" found a way to buy it from somewhere like Poland and start an import business. These packages have no English on them and look like these http://www.persil.pl/produkty/persil_proszek/proszek_asortyment/

He referred to them as the "cheaper" Polish versions.

He explained to me how Henkel makes different versions of Persil to suit different countries needs (for example people in Malaysia are washing different than people in Germany or Argentina). Makes sense.

I also found out the Sensitive Color Powder version I purchased (Polish) contains optical brighteners (even though products made for colors in Germany do not).

I just wanted to post this information as an FYI.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NOTICE: Persil Users - Gold powder (Polish?)

Yup, Henkel owns the Persil brand in Germany, but Unilever owns it just about everywhere else IIRC.

Similarly, Sun Products owns the brand Surf in the US, but Unilever (IIRC) everywhere else.

The world is a crazy place.

o

The Polish Persil product I did purchase is made by Henkel. It says Henkel right on the bag.

As I explained, Henkel makes different formulas for different coutries.

I am aware that Persil in places like the UK is not the same.

o

andersons, just to clarify ... this is what I read ... appears Henkel actually own the rights in most places.

Persil is manufactured and marketed by both Henkel in some countries (including Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland and most other European countries in addition to Middle East countries as Egypt, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia and Syria) and by Unilever in the UK, France and the Republic of Ireland, since acquiring rights to the brand in 1931. Both Henkel and Unilever manufacture their own formulations.

Henkel also markets Persil under the name Dixan in Cyprus, Greece, and Italy, and under the name Wipp in Spain and China.

Henkel also sells its Persil formulation in France under the name Le Chat.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here