Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
larsi_gw

Powdered Detergents Revisited...again

larsi_gw
13 years ago

I know we have been discussing Tide he Powder and Tide with Bleach Powder the past few weeks. I am still stumped at why Tide leaves such a visible, powdery white film in my Miele Stainless Steel drum & other Powdered detergents do not.

Tide he Powder is the worst offender. After a load, and the wash drum dries...it is totally murky looking and you can actually run your finger across the stainless drum, and you can see where your finger picks up the powder (like running your finger across dusty furniture)!

Tide with Bleach Powder (which I love the smell & performance), does not leave as much powder residue in the wash drum...but it is still there!

I've been "experimenting" and doing "research" the past week. Using the Custom Warm cycle on my Miele W4842 (so the water is heated uniformly and consistently with the internal heater)...I've done many loads with Tide he Powder, Tide with Bleach Powder, Persil Sensitive Megaperls powder, Persil Megaperls Colour Powder, Persil Colour Gel liquid, Tide he liquid, and Ariel Color Gel with ActiLift.

Loads washed with the Peril Megaperls Sensitive and Color Powder, Persil Colour Gel, Tide he liquid and Ariel Gel...ALL leave my stainless steel wash drum shiny and the stainless sparkling!

The loads washed with Tide he Powder & Tide with Bleach Powder leave my stainless murky, powderded and dull.

I am really into the smell and performance of Tide with Bleach Powder, but am very concerned with this powdered residue. If it is on my wash drum....I cannot see how it is not on my clothes (eventhough they look and smell great).

From my "research"....I think I need to stick with Persil Powders or liquids, Tide he liquid or Ariel liquid.

Am I the only one with this powder residue? Btw, the water company told me our water is medium hardness.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH