Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LG WM0642HW and 'tub clean' feature

Posted by blazinlo (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 7, 08 at 9:31

Apparently LG has finally incorporated a tub clean feature for the 0642. I had contacted them many times to ask for the tub clean feature (my 0642 purchased Jan 07 doesn't have that feature). LG initially didnt include a tub clean feature w/ the 2277 washer but eventually updated the model to include one AND THEN retrofitted all of the already purchased 2277 washers w/ tub clean feature (free of charge). LG has decided to NOT retrofit older versions of the 0642. (not happy). Regardless, LG has said, "Tub clean is same as perm press cycle w/ hot water and fastest possible spin speed). I would think a tub clean feature would fill w/ water to a higher level than even the perm press, so as to be able to reach above and beyond the "normal" highest water level. Can anyone w/ 0642 (or perhaps even 2277) verify that the water level of tub clean is same as perm press water level? In mean-time, I have been doing as they told me and then adding another 2 gallons of hot water manually w/ pitcher.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LG WM0642HW and 'tub clean' feature

We have the LG WM2688 and I checked the water usage (house water meter) and it uses about 4.5 gal on regular wash & an extra 1 gallon with Water Plus option button.

On the Tub Clean cycle, it uses 8 gallons of water.

You could add the 2 gallons as you have been, and pour an extra 1 gallon or 1.5 gallons into the empty compartment of the Dispenser Drawer, but it drains & fills a few times during the complete cycle.

Also note: If needed, the Door will not unlock during the time the water level is high (over the Door Lip)
(power down, power up, start new wash cycle, excess water will pump out)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here