Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Holes in Clothing

Posted by mrjms (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 1, 12 at 9:23

There have been numerous postings about holes in clothing that has been washed in a front loader. Here is my opinion: Perhaps the holes are being caused by the clothes being pulled through the holes in the washer tub when it goes into a high spin. True, the clothes do not go all the way through the holes in the tub but maybe just enough to cause a hole in the clothing as the tub is spinning fast and pulling the water out of the tub. Just my thought on the subject.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Holes in Clothing

It could be that they are spinning the clothes too fast as you suggested. Though most seem to be complaining of holes in just one specific area. Usually around the middle section where they get wear and tear. If they had holes randomly throughout the garment then I would definitely suspect the washer. I had an old used washer that had an enamel tub. It had chipped and was pulling clothes. The pulls were very random and was the reason it got replaced.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here