Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crosley brand just Whirlpool and rude!

Posted by rileysmom17 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 2, 13 at 8:58

I purchased a Crosley top loading HE machine about 3 weeks ago. I read the instruction manual cover to cover and realized I would have a learning curve. In continued frustration with terribly wrinkled and stretched clothing I called Crosley.

Now why did I buy a Crosley? 10 year warranty standard, mechanical controls, liked the idea of company HQ in my state. I knew it was manufactured by 'Whirlpool' but the web rumble said that Crosley somehow kept control of one of the Whirlpool plants so I was hoping for something different and maybe a little better.

Turns out that Crosley is really and purely a REBRANDER. They will not try even slightly to help you out if you call them. They offered to give me the 800 number for Whirlpool. When I was politely insistent that the name on the front was Crosley (just to push through and see if I could get anyone else at all to talk to) the lady got quite curt. I asked for the president's office or COO's office and honestly, I think they don't have one. I mean, it was a lady in accounts receivable that answered the phone.

So Crosley is just an office in a strip somewhere as least as far as laundry products. No advantage beyond the limited 10 year warranty to be had, if you believe that anything in the 10 year warranty will ever be the problem after year 1. If you want to read reviews on my washer the equivalent Whirlpool model number is below.

All "Crosley" does is add another layer of "not our problem" to any repair issues that might arise. If you want it just buy it from Whirlpool.

WTW4950XW

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crosley brand just Whirlpool and rude!

try to return it and get a good FL. They clean far better than TL's. It's simple physics.

o

Actually I just got rid of a GE HE front loader and I kicked it on its way out the door. It couldn't balance a load of air. The Normal cycle was supposed to take 53 minutes and rarely took less than 1 hour 45 minutes. When it spun unbalanced it sounded like it would pound through the walls. And YES I was careful to put in a "mixed" load and to not overload.

I also kept the door cracked open and did the drum clean as advised and still had black mold building up in the gasket.

Simple physics says that water gets things clean.

o

my samsung doesn't hardly ever get unbalanced and when it does it's just for a few seconds.

ZERO issues with mold or smell

it's not just water that cleans your clothes; it's proper agitation which is what is excellent in a PROPERLY set up FL. too much water in a FL and the clothes just sit in a pool of water. the proper amount of water means the clothes are lifted by the drum and flipped over and over, which is why a FL cleans so well unless it's got way too much water in it by bad design or idiots who fiddle with the pressure switch to force their machine to fill up too much. you are doomed to have clothes washer issues until you wise up.

o

My sheets come out wrinkled and sometimes in knots. I untie the knots but just put the tangled ones in the dryer all matted together and they come out of the dryer just fine. I won't buy another appliances at sears ever.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here