Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rileysmom17

Crosley brand just Whirlpool and rude!

rileysmom17
10 years ago

I purchased a Crosley top loading HE machine about 3 weeks ago. I read the instruction manual cover to cover and realized I would have a learning curve. In continued frustration with terribly wrinkled and stretched clothing I called Crosley.

Now why did I buy a Crosley? 10 year warranty standard, mechanical controls, liked the idea of company HQ in my state. I knew it was manufactured by 'Whirlpool' but the web rumble said that Crosley somehow kept control of one of the Whirlpool plants so I was hoping for something different and maybe a little better.

Turns out that Crosley is really and purely a REBRANDER. They will not try even slightly to help you out if you call them. They offered to give me the 800 number for Whirlpool. When I was politely insistent that the name on the front was Crosley (just to push through and see if I could get anyone else at all to talk to) the lady got quite curt. I asked for the president's office or COO's office and honestly, I think they don't have one. I mean, it was a lady in accounts receivable that answered the phone.

So Crosley is just an office in a strip somewhere as least as far as laundry products. No advantage beyond the limited 10 year warranty to be had, if you believe that anything in the 10 year warranty will ever be the problem after year 1. If you want to read reviews on my washer the equivalent Whirlpool model number is below.

All "Crosley" does is add another layer of "not our problem" to any repair issues that might arise. If you want it just buy it from Whirlpool.

WTW4950XW

Comments (12)

• dave1812
    10 years ago

try to return it and get a good FL. They clean far better than TL's. It's simple physics.

• rileysmom17
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Actually I just got rid of a GE HE front loader and I kicked it on its way out the door. It couldn't balance a load of air. The Normal cycle was supposed to take 53 minutes and rarely took less than 1 hour 45 minutes. When it spun unbalanced it sounded like it would pound through the walls. And YES I was careful to put in a "mixed" load and to not overload.

I also kept the door cracked open and did the drum clean as advised and still had black mold building up in the gasket.

Simple physics says that water gets things clean.

• dave1812
    10 years ago

my samsung doesn't hardly ever get unbalanced and when it does it's just for a few seconds.

ZERO issues with mold or smell

it's not just water that cleans your clothes; it's proper agitation which is what is excellent in a PROPERLY set up FL. too much water in a FL and the clothes just sit in a pool of water. the proper amount of water means the clothes are lifted by the drum and flipped over and over, which is why a FL cleans so well unless it's got way too much water in it by bad design or idiots who fiddle with the pressure switch to force their machine to fill up too much. you are doomed to have clothes washer issues until you wise up.

• emma
    10 years ago

My sheets come out wrinkled and sometimes in knots. I untie the knots but just put the tangled ones in the dryer all matted together and they come out of the dryer just fine. I won't buy another appliances at sears ever.

• Janet Tuttle
    7 years ago

We have a Crosley stackable what a pice of junk not even 1 year old and has been broken down more then it has run and the service sucks on them and they will not help us at all we payed 1400 hundred on ss which comes hard the company will not help us DO NOT BUY A CROSLEY THEY ARE JUNK AND THE SERVICE SUCKS

• skirk1514
    5 years ago

I have a Crosley washer and dryer. They are the worst pieces of junk. The washer takes over a hour just to do a small load and if that's not all...it gets unbalanced on a load of small items . The dryer does not dry the items completely even . I WOULD NOT BUY THIS JUNK !!!! TOO EXPENSIVE AND DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY.

• sparky823
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Crosley is just same as Roper, Admiral, Estate, Kenmore, Maytag all are Whirlpool machines.

I may have left some out.

• HU-748698483
    4 years ago

DO NOT buy a Crosley washer or dryer. You have to fill the tub on the washer to max fill and the clothes do not get clean at all. it does not matter what kind of detergent you use. If you use the Auto sensing the water does not cover your clothes unless you continue to lift the lid. I had a small load and had to lift the lid 15 times to get enough water. The clothes were not clean. On the dryer, it took 70 minutes to dry 2 sheets and 2 pillow cases. We had to load them and take them back to where we purchased them or pay 90$ for them to come get them. I will never deal with another Mom and Pop dealer in Anderson again. Crosley or the dealer do not stand behind there products

• HU-189645721
    3 years ago

We have a Crosley washer and it has been broken more than usual had it for little more than 1 year and I know we have had to get it fixed at least 5 times always around agitator a total piece of

• shar martin
    3 years ago

My parents bought a Crosley washing machine a month ago and it leaves dirt and pieces food on the clothes, and the clothes don't even smell clean - I can still smell my dad's cologne and his smell on the clothes after washing. We've read the booklet cover to cover and troubleshooter till we're crazy. Returning it to the local small business furniture & appliance store that it was bought from. They'd better not give us any trouble. It's not broken, it doesn't need fixed...its just a piece of crap.

• HU-813122034
    2 years ago

I purchased a Crosley washer and dryer a few months ago. Have discovered a creek and a rock would accomplish as much as the washer. Deep water wash means only 4-5 gal water need to be added to get water to cover the load. Of course this means I have to stay with the load so as to add

One can only assume the idea of cleaning means wearing out the items as I can already see the wear at edges of clothing only 3 washes in.

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County