Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michgirl53

Anti Vibration Pads For New HE Top Loader?

michgirl53
9 years ago

Hello - I am new here, having browsed this forum much, reading discussions about new HE washing machines and learning much. But now I have a question and would like some input, please:

I have a new Maytag Bravos XL, the 880 model. Our house is 100+ years, built on a basement. We converted a bedroom on first floor into laundry room, once all the kids moved out. We have the original wood floors in this room and they are probably not 100% level. Although my washer and dryer were leveled to perfection when installed.

My dryer would make a vibration noise, almost like metal rubbing together. Shifting the dryer a bit would eliminate the noise, only to return the next time I did laundry. I figured the dryer was moving a bit and purchased thick, anti-vibration pads for both washer and dryer.

It seemed to do the trick for the dryer but I didn't like the pads with the washer. It seemed much noisier when water was draining and I was afraid I was going to damage the washer. So I removed the pads from the washer and now the dryer sits higher than the washer, which I can live with.

However, yesterday I noticed when the washer was spinning a load of jeans, that I could feel the vibration in the floor clear across the room. It's not a crazy vibration by any means,(and it doesn't make noise) but you can feel it under your feet. And now I am guessing the vibrating floor was the cause of my dryer constantly shifting slightly.

I am considering putting the pads back under the washer but I am hesitant. I get that the washer is going to cause vibration when spinning at such high speeds. And right now the vibration is being absorbed by the floor and is really not that noticeable. I am afraid that using the pads with the washer would cause the vibration to be absorbed by the washer instead, sort of like being returned back into the washer and all of the parts, which can't be good.

Is this possible? Or does the rubber pad absorb the vibration completely? Does anyone use these pads with a top load HE washer? THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Comments (6)