Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Miele T8966WP Heat Pump dryer or Bosch WTP86560?

Posted by NiaNia (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 17, 12 at 8:33

Hello,

We live in the Gulf region and have a Miele dishwasher which has worked beautifully for last 5 years. We love the brand and really want to invest in the heat pump dryer but we are a bit scared to splash out $2500 without being sure that this machine will be what we are looking for. I will be so grateful if someone could please tell me their experience with this machine. Noise levels, performance, issues.

We are also looking at Bosch 7kg A rated dryer WTW 86560 which is at half the price of Miele. Please, could you help me make a choice? Is there any overriding reason why I should go for Miele other than the name? Any issues anyone has had with either?

Very grateful for your help!

Regards
Nia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Miele T8966WP Heat Pump dryer or Bosch WTP86560?

Neither Bosch nor Miele have ever released a heat pump dryer on the US market so I doubt you'll get much feedback from this American forum. You can try the

Discuss-o-Mat from automaticwasher.org

Plenty of members from Europe on there who can help you out. I know Bosch had to revise the cleaning mechanism several times because it would clog with lint. Miele never had such issues but if it's so much more expensive... Both are good dryers in the end.

Alex

o
RE: Miele T8966WP Heat Pump dryer or Bosch WTP86560?

Thank you Whirlpool_trainee. Much appreciated!

Warm regards
Nia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here