Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
small small laundry room

Posted by DualvansMommy (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 2, 12 at 4:35

hello,

when i bought this house with hubby, the small laundry room (6' 8' and half by 6'8" size) which is just enough to hold our whirlpool front load washing and dryer machines, and a slop sink besides the machines by the entrance. Opposite the machines is a wall that holds a coat hook and small closet holding cleaning supplies, candles, dog food, etc.

That room is visable immediately with a door, which i use to close off when having company over, upon entering into the back entry hallway from our 2 car garage. That entry hallway is so narrow with no room for a bench/cubbies and coat rank to put up for the kids and such.

Looking down left down the entry hallway is the office, which previous owners made into a den/office after choosing so, when presented with a choice of either 3 car garage or 2 car garage with den in place of 3 car garage. We are using that room as the family office which holds the pc, phone, printer, bookcase, imac, and it has a decent closet holding supplies for the office. It could be classified as a 5th bedroom as it has two windows and a closet which is code needed to make it as a legal bedroom.

Anyway, it's 12' by 10', so ive been thinking in few years time when our family grows, to change that room from office into combined laundry/mud room and make the big window facing out into our driveway as a entry door.

The kids can enter into the house two ways, via the garage entry or from the new enty into new mudroom. i think i love that idea, but would have to convert our attic which backs up against our master bedroom upstairs as the dressing room/office. That costs money.....

what would you do if you had the same layout to make a mudroom??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: small small laundry room

GWers are great at this sort of thing and will offer up many viable ideas and options for you. Do you have at least a rough sketch with dimensions (inlcuding placements of doorways and windows) of your space that includes all areas that need modification? A whole house plan would be best of all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here