Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dualvansmommy

small small laundry room

dualvansmommy
11 years ago

hello,

when i bought this house with hubby, the small laundry room (6' 8' and half by 6'8" size) which is just enough to hold our whirlpool front load washing and dryer machines, and a slop sink besides the machines by the entrance. Opposite the machines is a wall that holds a coat hook and small closet holding cleaning supplies, candles, dog food, etc.

That room is visable immediately with a door, which i use to close off when having company over, upon entering into the back entry hallway from our 2 car garage. That entry hallway is so narrow with no room for a bench/cubbies and coat rank to put up for the kids and such.

Looking down left down the entry hallway is the office, which previous owners made into a den/office after choosing so, when presented with a choice of either 3 car garage or 2 car garage with den in place of 3 car garage. We are using that room as the family office which holds the pc, phone, printer, bookcase, imac, and it has a decent closet holding supplies for the office. It could be classified as a 5th bedroom as it has two windows and a closet which is code needed to make it as a legal bedroom.

Anyway, it's 12' by 10', so ive been thinking in few years time when our family grows, to change that room from office into combined laundry/mud room and make the big window facing out into our driveway as a entry door.

The kids can enter into the house two ways, via the garage entry or from the new enty into new mudroom. i think i love that idea, but would have to convert our attic which backs up against our master bedroom upstairs as the dressing room/office. That costs money.....

what would you do if you had the same layout to make a mudroom??

Comment (1)