Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gentlewasher

Feedback on Bosch Vision 500 (WFVC54)-Gentle on Clothes/Reliable?

gentlewasher
13 years ago

Hi,

I am writing to find out if anyone has feedback on the Bosch Vision 500 Series 4.4 cu ft. FL Washer (WFVC54).

I have gone through two Samsungs recently:

First one cleaned very well, but sadly left tiny pin holes in my clothes (had this happen before with a previous FL) and pulled threads from my very good towels.

Had it replaced with a more expensive, larger unit with the diamond drum--no holes now, but the edges of towels are being pulled--even at medium spin speeds--the washer is louder than I'd like, and the clothes do not smell as fresh as they did with the first one.

So...OSH (Sears) has agreed to do a final exchange. This is my last chance to get it right.

I am looking for a very gentle washer that is reliable and cleans well. I have read good reviews about the Bosch overall, but emphasis seems to be mainly on energy efficiency. I have looked into the Miele, but cannot go with the price and the right-opening door was a problem in my laundry room setup (also, at this point, I am stuck with an exchange rather than a return with OSH, so Miele is no longer an option).

Is the Bosch Vision 500 reliable, gentle and a good bet?

CR rates a similar model in the middle, but very good on gentleness (though I am not sure I always trust their ratings).

I would like to hear experiences good or bad with these and specifically if anyone has experienced damage to clothes with this machine.

Thank you so much,

Comments (5)