Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Choosing Stacked 208V W/D

Posted by cwnannwn (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 25, 13 at 2:52

I've bought a condo with a 31.5Dx ~36Wide x >80 inches tall laundry closet with the vent on the left (as I face the dryer) and the water outlets on the right, and the 15 year old dryer's motor either needs to be replaced for $360, or I need to buy a new stack. I was all set on the Speed Queen ATE50F stack, but that needs 33.5" of depth even if I vented on the right and ran it over the top (since it doesn't vent on the left). The current washer and dryer are 24 inches deep, and there only seem to be about 20 or so stackable pairs that are around that size or less. The next complication is that I have 208V power and it is annoying difficult to tell whether or not these are rated for 208V. For the Speed Queen ATE50F I called about 8 different dealers to find one or two that would sell it to me with a 208V replacement heating coil installed.

The Miele obviously would fit and appears to support 208V power, but given that I would likely just wash everything on one cycle it'd be a bit of a waste of money and an advanced piece of technology. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Choosing Stacked 208V W/D

I ended up going to with the Blomberg WM87120 and DV17540 basically on the recommendation of the appliance salesperson to get those over the more expensive allegedly less reliable GE. Potentially the biggest issue may be the lack of independent temperature selection vs cycle type, which does seem weird, and is maybe something I should have considered ahead of time; however that matches my goal of a dryer I can, hopefully, just tell to start and things happen appropriately. But the manual specifies 208V compatibility and it fits. The reviews, such as they are, aren't bad. So we shall see. Since they will be stacked anyway the washer plugging into the dryer shouldn't be a major issue.

It's vaguely concerning that Blomberg appears never to have been mentioned on here. Their US website blombergappliance.us is fairly miserable if you try and navigate to the specific product so here are links http://www.blombergappliances.us/urun_detay.aspx?kat=1502&urn=4381&lang=en-US http://www.blombergappliances.us/urun_detay.aspx?kat=1502&urn=4381&lang=en-US

o
RE: Choosing Stacked 208V W/D

I am interested in your experience with this brand that I have never heard of. Keep us posted.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here