Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cwnannwn

Choosing Stacked 208V W/D

cwnannwn
10 years ago

I've bought a condo with a 31.5Dx ~36Wide x >80 inches tall laundry closet with the vent on the left (as I face the dryer) and the water outlets on the right, and the 15 year old dryer's motor either needs to be replaced for $360, or I need to buy a new stack. I was all set on the Speed Queen ATE50F stack, but that needs 33.5" of depth even if I vented on the right and ran it over the top (since it doesn't vent on the left). The current washer and dryer are 24 inches deep, and there only seem to be about 20 or so stackable pairs that are around that size or less. The next complication is that I have 208V power and it is annoying difficult to tell whether or not these are rated for 208V. For the Speed Queen ATE50F I called about 8 different dealers to find one or two that would sell it to me with a 208V replacement heating coil installed.

The Miele obviously would fit and appears to support 208V power, but given that I would likely just wash everything on one cycle it'd be a bit of a waste of money and an advanced piece of technology. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations