Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LG - Bottom vent anyone?

Posted by lucycakes (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 4, 08 at 0:50

Has anyone tried using the optional bottom vent on an LG? We are considering an LG 2487 or 2688. A side or bottom vent would work much better for current space. Actually, a side vent would be best but we want a gas dryer and the instruction book seems to indicate that the right side vent can't be used with a gas dryer.

That leaves the botom. We are on a raised foundation so we could move the vent tube. Does anyone have experience with a bottom vent? How difficult was it to install the adapter kit?

Many thanks for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LG - Bottom vent anyone?

I don't think LG makes a "bottom" vent kit.

You could just use a regular vent out the back and turn it downward, depending on the total length of the vent (rigid metal).

o

My LG has vent on the bottom but it is stacked and the vent in the wall is on the very bottom just above the floor so I got couple extra feet of hose on it.
But are you talking about drying hot air go out or something that has to do w/gas?

o

Thanks for your responses -

regus patoff: Hm, there is an LG adapter kit for changing the vent location, but it is not real clear if it works for both a side vent and a bottom vent. I'll have to look at it more closely.

czechchick2: This would be to vent the hot air out. It appears that the LG has either a hole (or a punch out for a hole) in the underside of the washer so that the vent could be attached underneath. To do this we would have to create a new opening in the floor (a little scary) and relocate the duct work.

Anyone try this?

Thanks

o

Yes, now I see the optional Vent Kit 383EEL9001B can be used on bottom or either side (not on right side for gas).

Bottom vent shouldn't be scary, as long as you cut the hole in the right place and depending on where the vent goes from there, and have access to clean it out...

o

We had space issues as well and wanted to try the bottom venting. But then I found this dryerbox that goes into the wall. It saved us a couple inches, which was all we needed so that we could get the laundry room door closed. Not sure if it could help you or not. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Dryerbox

o

In the end, we have ordered an electric dryer so that we can vent out the right side. For the reasons that regus mentioned above, a side vent seemed more flexible. Gas is a litte cheaper than electricity in our area, but hopefully dryer time will be short with the HE.

Thanks to all of you for your input.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here