Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Method Fabric Softener Scents

Posted by livebetter (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 3, 11 at 23:53

These scents are not listed on Method's website but well.ca is showing 2 new scents as "coming soon".

Lavender Lilac
Waterlily & Aloe

I know some here are not big fans of the Method FS. I might (lol ...) have to try it just once.

As 'yall know, my fav is the Shaklee Get Clean but I may try one of the new scents from Method. I was not a fan of the Fresh Air scent which is why I haven't tried it so far.

Lavender Lilac has peaked my curiosity but I'm usually disappointed with Method's scents.

Anyway ... FYI :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Well.ca - Method fabric softener

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Method Fabric Softener Scents

I actually find all scents from Method to be really nice. The Fresh Air detergent smells great, the Fresh Air Fabric Softener does not smell great.

The BIG problem with Method Fabric Softeners is the gross, jelly-fat like consistency and that it does NOT soften.

So, I'm sure Waterlily & Aloe and Lavender Lilac will smell lovely...but they will be total crap!!! :) LOL

o

"... gross, jelly-fat like consistency ..."

This makes me think the bottle must have been in bad temperatures at some point. It makes no sense it would be like that to begin with but I have heard of some "green" brands that will congeal in extreme temps.

FWIW, I've never seen it happen to Shaklee, Seventh Generation or Vaska.

I have seen it happen to Ecover.

@larsi, considering our difference of opinion on so many other products, I'll still have to try this for myself. :)

o
Another thought ...

Plus that they are expanding by adding two new scents tells me someone must be buying the FS and liking it. :)

o

My experience with Method FS has been poor as well. I haven't tried the stuff in the new bottle - my experience was with the "squeaky green" product. The consistency was like congealed gravy fat, it left behind evidence of its grossness in my FS dispenser, and it also did very little to soften my clothes. As far as "green" FS goes, Vaska and Seventh Generation yield much better results.

o

@sshrivastava, the new bottle maybe a new formulation to the one you tried.

I'm not holding out big hope (as I love my usual one) but I'll still give it the 'ole college try :)

o

To me, the Waterlily/Aloe smells great in the bottle and the clothes smell great out of the dryer, but, when I use this and line dry they smell fishy so I cant use it with line drying. It also sticks in the softener cup. Maybe the new formula will be different. Best to stick with Downy Free for me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here