Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lsgordon02143

what to keep (scavenge) when getting new Electrolux washer

lsgordon02143
9 years ago

Hi, we have an Electrolux IQ Touch Washing Machine. For a variety of reasons, it has failed but we still like it (it is just over 4 years old, heavy use). We're getting a new Electrolux - they don't seem to make the one we got, but we're getting their IQ Steam.

What, if any, parts do you think we should remove and keep, "just in case" for repairing the new machine, should it need it? I was thinking the door and door-frame-receiving-area, and maybe the detergent drawer (how to remove that?).

We use our washer at least twice a day with heavy loads (many kids, many sports, many towels, etc.) and when I clean the washer entrance-area, there can be soap residue so I always worried about if soap got into the door latch, though it never did - which is why I want to keep at least that portion of things.

By the way, the main reason we are replacing the washer is that it has an unspecified leak from the bottom of the housing, and laundry is too mission-critical for me to wait for two service calls instead of replacing the machine. I also figure that with our use, it's more like getting about 10 years out of a washer, which is about what people expect in this non-olden-days time. :)

Any thoughts?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!