Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
panda143

Maytag Bravos 450

Panda143
12 years ago

I've been searching for a new washer/dryer for the past week. Thought about a LG but now leaning toward a Maytag Bravos 450 as its currently on special at HD. I heard from one sales person (who was promoting LG) that customers have complained that the Infuser in the tub (the round piece at the bottom of the tub) is slightly elevated and catches delicate clothing & can rip them. Has anyone had that experience? I've also read numerous postings about the wrinkle, twisting/tangling problems as well as unbalanced load issues. It seems these issues can be addressed by reading the manual and using the machine properly. Would appreciate any comments on the clothes getting caught in Infuser issue or any other comments. Thanks..

Comments (6)

• wrcfocus
    12 years ago

I am in the same boat as Panda143, I thought I had it all figured out in that I would purchase the Whirlpool 7600-series, but looking at the Maytag website reveals that the stainless steel drum and direct drive motor are covered for 10 years. Whirlpool doesn't offer this advantage, guess it's back to the drawing board.

Most likely going to the store today to take a look at the Maytag Bravos later today.

• Panda143
    Original Author
    12 years ago

My sense is from reading so many reviews is that the high efficiency washers all have a higher spin speed which accounts for wrinlkes, tangles, etc. I would think lowering the spin speed and using hand wash cycle would protect against tangles and tears. I am probably going to HD later today to buy the Bravos 450. Would still appreciate input regarding the Infuser issue. thanks

• dadoes
    12 years ago

Per the info on Maytag's site, the "10-Year Limited Parts Warranty on Washer Motor And Basket" applies only to Maxima series models MHW6000X, MHW7000X, and MHW9000Y. Maxima units are frontloaders. This info is referenced on the details of Bravos models ... one wonders why if it does not pertain to them.

High spin speed contributes to wrinkling, but has no effect on tangling. If the clothes are tangled, they get that way during the wash and/or rinse periods when they're tumbling and moving over and around each other. Clothes are simply pressed against the basket during spin, they do not move in relation to each other so how could the rotational spin speed contribute to tangling?

• wrcfocus
    12 years ago

This is the warranty page that I was referring to for the Bravos: http://www.maytag.ca/assets/XU9WMa4oHEctrEWk5gUw6NIJV_Y87puu.pdf

This link details the warranty on their Performance (Front-load) series. Is this the same as the Maxima series?? http://www.maytag.ca/assets/wWgP-c53pLu-r44KgpmJadCDzpsGvuNi.pdf

I'm located in Canada but per the warranty card, the same warranty applies to both countries.

Sorry to have hi-jacked your thread Panda.

• mara_2008
    12 years ago

Sorry I can't give any information about the Bravos 450.

I have the Bravos 850 washer, had an earlier Bravos washer which did not have the internal water heater, and neither of the impeller plates have ever caused any problem for me -- not tangling, wrinkling, or twisting.

I commonly spin ALL laundry at high speed with no problem.

• Panda143
    Original Author
    12 years ago

No problem wrcfocus..no hijacking perceived. Thanks for all of your comments. I bought the washer and dryer combo a few days ago and it will be delivered next week. I guess I'll find out for myself if this was a good value or not. I'll let you know!