o
vent through the ceiling

Posted by sscottshiv (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 19, 09 at 23:19

Can you vent a dryer through ceiling?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: vent through the ceiling

Sure. But not directly into the attic. The pipe needs to go to the outside.

o

Weedmeister, that must be regional. In my present home, that is over 30 years old, the only vent we had was through the attic and then outside. It has not been the most efficient to say the least. I think 2 dryers died early deaths due to this way of venting. However, due to how the house is made and the position of the laundry room, we had no choice in how it was vented.

It's very difficult on the dryer pumping the air up, over then out. If you have a choice, I'd recommend another application that gives the air flow an easier path to travel. The dryer will work a lot more efficiently.

o

Most Dryers can handle about 25 feet of Vent
(subtract ? ? for each 90 elbow)

Dryer Vent
Vent should be rigid metal.
Short lengths of flexible metal may be OK, if not crimped when moving the Dryer into place.
NO plastic
NO PVC
NO screws
Foil Duct Tape is OK.
With an empty load, Timed Dry, High Heat, the vent temperature at the back of the Dryer, should cycle somewhere between 135F and 160F

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here