Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best washer and dryer

Posted by karle13 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 2, 13 at 23:01

Help getting new washer and dryer, was getting the LG pair 1201, wave force,, but now after reding terrible reviews what would you buy?? Thanks for the advice!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best washer and dryer

I'm in the market too. I was thinking front load - Electrolux? But never owned front load--so a little worried if I should change? Top load was thinking of the Whirlpool-WTW8800YW Cabrio Series , Maytag MVWB950YW Bravos XL HE Top Load Washer -- but haven't researched anything yet.
Would love to hear what others have and their options.

o

Going to look at washers and dryers in person, rather than looking online, will likely help you to rule out some machines. I looked at just about everything and since I hadn't bought a new washer in years, I was really surprised (not in a good way) to see how much they had changed. After searching online for an alternative to the usual brands and reading a bunch of positive reviews, I bought a Speed Queen. It's a great little work horse and it comes with a 3-year warranty. Old-school style and function which I realize is not for everyone, but that is exactly what I was looking for. I LOVE it.

o

You could do what I did..... read every page of this forum, as far back as you can stand to do so. It really, really helped me come to a decision as to which type and brand washer to buy.
There is no one perfect brand that does not crank out a few lemons here and there, and there are always owners who don't use the new 'he' washers correctly. This forum has a wealth of knowledge in the previous pages. :-)

o

Plus you can;t categorize washers as "the best" because everyone has different needs in a washer. So you would have to say "What is the best washers for: X?"

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here