Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any feedback on Kenmore 4.3 or 5.2 Top Loader

Posted by kenmc5 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 11, 10 at 22:06

We are moving to a house with well and septic and not planning to take the 20 yr Maytag. We like our local Sears store and want to purchase a high efficiency washer. Any recommendation for HE Top loader sold at Sears. So far we like the Elite 5.2 or the 4.3 IEC. There are so many more choices than 20 years ago. We are looking to save water as long as the cloths come out clean. Any recommendations? Thx

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any feedback on Kenmore 4.3 or 5.2 Top Loader

Sears Website has good reviews on the HE toploader. Also, you can read about the LG version of it on here since the Kenmore is essentially the same thing, just re branded cause it manufactured by LG

o

I would look on Youtube and see if there are any videos of the wash action of the machines you are considering.

I have viewed several of the recent HE top loaders and was underwhelmed, to say the least.

Large loads of clothes, barley wet, just sitting there with a vibrating plate at the bottom. Supposedly they do turn over eventually.

o

After checking now we are looking for a basic front load washer that has an extra rinse and soaking options. It doesn't have to be the biggest just hope to get a reliable model that cleans good. Any experience with front loaders sold from Sears. Thx, Ken

o

curiousshopper, my HE toploader (Maytag Bravos) doesn't fit the description you gave, at all -- the clothes get saturated (with much less water my former traditional TL's used) and they do turn over regularly. My washer has the glass top and I can see the action clearly.

It cleans huge loads of laundry (5 cu ft capacity) and does it well. I especially appreciate the internal water heater and the fact I can wash king-size comforters on the Bulky cycle.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here