Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lilafter

q's about loading sheets in washer/dryer=tangling

lilafter
15 years ago

after a lifetime of using only TL (mostly in laundromats), i recently became a FL owner- frigidaire affinity set. so far, i'm really happy with the set except i can't figure out how to best wash and dry my sheets without tangling.

with a TL, i loosely layered my clothes/sheets, heavier/bulkier items on the bottom and lighter weighted on top. and then tossed into the dryer after shaking each item. the huge dryer drums dried everything at once without tangling.

with my FL, do i open it and loosely lay it on the bottom or lay on top of the other items?

i've read some people place their sheets folded into the washer and dryer to keep it from tangling.

with the washer, i've tried placing the sheets open and folded. when open- some other items get tangled into the sheets. when washed folded- i wonder if its really getting cleaned...

with the dryer, sheets constantly get tangled. i think its because the drum size is too small. tried folding the sheets but it mostly unfolds and tangles again. the only solution i've found is to split the dryer load if i'm washing a sheet set.

suggestions? thanks.

Comments (2)