Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Warehouse Discount Center

Posted by timwalker69 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 6, 11 at 21:30

Anybody use these guys to purcahse appliances? This place, with brick and mortar stores in California, delivers with no sales tax to me for about $150 less than the lowest price I have found in houston

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Warehouse Discount Center

They are awful. Have dealt with them in the past. Shady bus. practices. G** forbid you have an issue with delivery or damaged goods. Friends have also had bad experiences. Be smart and buy local. The $150 savings is hardly worth the potential for BIG problems.

o

I love Sears outlet, we bought our LG set there for half of what it was on the showroom floor. There are some shady places, but I think you can get a good deal but you might want to have it looked at prior to purchase.

o

Strange that someone would have a bad experience with a store then friends not just a friend also buy from that same store and also have bad experiences .

I bought all my appliance for my kitchen renovation plus a washer online. I live near a Warehouse Discount Center so they did not have the lowest price including tax and delivery so I did not buy from them. But have shopped there and bought minor stuff like dishes.

I only had one problem buying appliances online and worked through paypal to get my money back. I just would not use an ATM card. Credit Card companies can come in and help if you have a problem too.

o

Care to share where you bought your washer from? looking for speed queen 542

o

After searching exhaustively online, I was surprised to get the best overall deal quoted on a Speed Queen from a local mom and pop appliance store. I am lucky enough to live near a state line so I can buy in the other state, have delivered, and keep my $$ local but save sales tax. Their price was $30 higher than the absolute best price I could find online (from AppliancesConnection which has gotten some poor reviews here), but also included inside delivery AND installation. Point is, call around some of the smaller stores, you might be surprised. In St Louis -- Slyman Brothers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here