Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angeluce

Fisher Paykel Dryer DGGX1

angeluce
13 years ago

I've got a question about by Fisher Paykel DGGX1 gas dryer. Quite frequently I need to remove the lint cup to take out the screw and housing to vacuum out all of the lint that has accumulated around the screen and sensor. Does anyone have any suggestion to what may be causing this and how to correct this?

Thanks!

Comments (6)

• dadoes
    13 years ago

Some amount of accumulation there seems to be normal. However, there has been a redesign on the housing to help minimize it. The new design has a smooth back instead of circular ridges around the perforations. Check that the lint scraper piece at top of the housing isn't worn or broken. It's supposed to sit about 1/8" from the screen surface such that lint is scraped off when it accumulates to that level on the screen.

Also check if there are any rips/tears in the screen. Bits of hard debris (seeds/burrs from yard work, etc.) in the lint can get caught between the screen and scraper, causing small tears in the screen. To pull the screen, remove the the screw recessed at the bottom of the circular filter retainer, then rotate the retainer ring clockwise to detach it from the drum to remove the retainer & filter. The filter snaps to the retainer ring.

• angeluce
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wow! Thank you so much! I've had to order the screen because there are three small tears in the screen which explains why there is so much lint being trapped in there. I really appreciate the info! You have been so helpful. I'll post an update after the part comes in.

• angeluce
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I spoke with FP yesterday and the tech couldn't tell me if the housing would be an updated design. He was only able to give me the part number but not whether it is an update to what I have from factory. The part number is 395136. I purchased my dryer appx 5 years ago. Do you know if the design has been changed since then? I would hate to waste my money on the same design.

Thanks!

• dadoes
    13 years ago

The part number should remain the same. I don't know how long ago it was redesigned. I'd assume that available stock of it should be the new design but I suppose there could be a few of the old style floating around in somebody's stock somewhere. You can check the housing on your dryer to see if it's the "new" or "original" design. My DEGX1 will be 6 years old in 3 more days, is the original design. I haven't changed the housing so can't say how much difference the redesign makes in warding-off the lint accumulation.

• christmas40
    13 years ago

I am having problems removing that second screw, any suggestions. I need to replace the lint ring.

Thanks,
    Christmas

• dadoes
    13 years ago

Problems how? Being that the screw is recessed, try a magnet if you're having trouble getting it fully removed.