Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaboehm

23-year old Kenmore washer and cat hair don't mix!

Last week I decided to go around the house and pick up all the cat towels and beds and toss them in the wash. Afterwards, in the dryer lint screen, I could have built 2 cats!! There was so much hair!! I didn't give it another thought till I did my own laundry and the washer wouldn't drain. I heard it make a funny noise and the tub was full of water.

I pulled my clothes out, took them to a neighbor's to rinse and spin, and then came home and bailed. When the water got low, I turned the dial to fill and it started filling. I turned the dial to rinse and it started draining. I turned the dial to spin and it did. THEN I NOTICED the underside of the lid had all these troubleshooting tips. One reason for not draining was a clogged drain hose.

Do you think it magically got unclogged? I did hear water going down the drain... I'm a little nervous to try and wash a small load of clothes this weekend, but it sounded ok and was working again last week when I tried various parts of the cycle. I didn't run out and by a new set as my pair from 1992 are old reliable friends. Is there hope?
Thanks

Comments (2)