Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with the Laundry layout

Posted by FosaMax (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 21, 12 at 20:56

Here is my laundry room layout. If you have any suggestions it would be appreciated. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with the Laundry layout

I'd personally move the W/D to the long back wall placed just to the right of the window. then I'd run cabinets along the sink wall, the rest of the back wall and the other short wall for a U-shape. You should be able to easily fit at least 3 double sort hampers (6 bins), the sink, a hanging area, and plenty of upper storage cabinets. I think that would be a most efficient use of the available space. The current configuration has a lot of wasted or only partially usable space.

Hope this helps!

o
RE: Help with the Laundry layout

I would also suggest adding an area for hanging clothes to dry that shouldn't go into the dryer. I can't tell from the plan if you have another mud room, but you might consider putting a door where the window is so that muddy children, gardeners, etc., could come directly into the laundry room from outside.

Is the ironing board a regular free-standing ironing board? It looks like it. If not, consider whether you are right or left-handed in deciding which end of the ironing board goes which way.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here