Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
onedrop_gw

Miele W3033 washer and T8003 dryer

onedrop
9 years ago

Hello everyone, I have an opportunity to buy the above appliances from the yr 2007, for $600. They're being sold "in good working order" and from what I can tell from the pictures, they are in good shape cosmetically. Am I crazy for even considering this. Many thanks for your opinions and thoughts.

onedrop.

Comments (12)

• georgect
    9 years ago

Make sure you have an authorized Miele repair facility near by.

When the machine has an issue you want to be sure someone can repair it.

Otherwise $300 for washer and $300 for dryer sounds good.

• onedrop
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you! I do have service options close by, but found out that I cannot switch them on before buying because they are disconnected and sitting in storage. But, I'm thinking who would keep them in storage if they weren't working. I am very tempted...decisions, decisions :)

• lee676
    9 years ago

I bought an older Miele washer only for $200; prices for used ones on CL are all over the place. Some people see them in the new home they bought, notice they're smaller than most new machines, and have never heard of Miele and think they're an obscure off-brand and would rather have a GE or Whirlpool. These people sell their Miele laundry appliances for cheap.

I prefer the somewhat older models where the washers still ran on 240v electricity (model #s 19xx). These take less time because they heat the water faster, and can also reach higher temperatures up to 190F.

• onedrop
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I went to look at them today, met the seller, am going to take the plunge. One thing concerns me - no shipping struts - the move would be all of about 5 miles over good roads - and I have some very careful mover guys I've used a lot in the past - struts and end plugs come to over $50, wondering if it's really necessary to get them. Anyone have experience with this.

Thanks,
    onedrop

• homepro01
    9 years ago

Get the struts. It takes a lot more money to fix a misaligned drum. The oddest things happen when you are moving things. You are getting a great deal!
    Good luck!

• onedrop
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Done. Out of interest, to order the struts I had to provide Miele with the serial number of the machine (not the model number). All done, but in the meantime the seller wised up and wanted more for the machines. I agreed to the higher price - so no longer an outrageously good deal, but still a good one. For those buying used machines - provided the units have have been registered with and serviced by Miele, you can call their technical service at 800-999-1360 - option 2, option 1 and they will give you the service history of the units. You will need the serial numbers for this.

onedrop.

• homepro01
    9 years ago

Onedrop,
    Congrats on the purchase. I would have moved on if the price was too high. Hope you enjoy your new machines.
    I don't know if you have seen the cheat sheet for these units that Buffalonita and Rococogurl put together. I have linked it below.
    Homepro01

Here is a link that might be useful: Thread on W3033 series Cheat Sheet

• onedrop
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Good grief! - that's incredible. Tip o' the hat to those two - thank you for the link. First w/d I ever bought, don't think I'll miss the laundromat, even a tiny little bit. (assuming they work as planned).

onedrop.

• enduring
    9 years ago

Oh, you'll like these machines. I love my set. Had them for a year and am still charmed by them :) BTW, I have the cheat sheets inserted into plastic sleeves and put into a 3 ring binder that holds the instructions to the machines. I LOVE THE CHEAT SHEETS.

• onedrop
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I printed them out and did the same thing :) I thought to myself, what am I doing, this is going to take over my life, but it felt good so I carried on. Printed out the manuals and stuck 'em in their too.

• recordaras
    9 years ago

You will love your new set! Congrats on the purchase.
    And the cheat sheet is an awesome guide - so very helpful.

• homepro01
    9 years ago

Happy laundering Onedrop:-)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio