Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Asko 'Butterfly' Drying System - does it work?

Posted by thezteam (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 13, 10 at 20:32

Hi All,

I have king-sized sheets that always got tangled up in my compact Maytag and would require several cycles to dry with lots of untangling in between. I'd like to get a dryer that won't tangle up my sheets. Does the Asko 'Butterfly' system work? Does it have reverse tumbling or is it just different shaped paddles in the dryer drum?

Thanks!
Lisa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Asko 'Butterfly' Drying System - does it work?

Sheets rolling into a ball, or tangling up during drying is my BIGGEST annoyance! If this is a concern for you, you really should go with a Miele dryer. It has true reverse tumbling, that happens from start to finish.

Asko does not reverse, and their "butterfly" drying is pure marketing! Their dryer drum just turns one way!

Electrolux Wave Touch 'Perfect Tumble' actually does reverse directions...but only in the last NINE minutes of the cycle. By this time, sheets and other items have already been tumbled 30+ minutes in one direction.

With Miele, clothes, sheets...everything comes out fluffy, soft and basically wrinkle free!!

o
RE: Asko 'Butterfly' Drying System - does it work?

The Asko "Butterfly" drying does not work. If you throw in large sheets or covers, they will tangle up into a ball. The butterfly system does nothing to mitigate this. The only solution is a reverse tumble, which Askos do not do.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here