Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greyhound119

LG WT4801CW - dL Error code, anyone else?

greyhound119
12 years ago

So I just had my new TL washer delivered last Saturday. On the 3rd load the error code "dL" was flashing and the lid wouldn't open. Looked in the manual and it said it was a lid lock error. Followed the directions and was able to get the lid open and cleared the code. Same thing happened last night except I couldn't get the lid open or clear the code after numerous attempts. I turned it off, unplugged it, etc.

Called LG and was told they couldn't help me since I bought it from Sears. Called Sears and the soonest they can get out here is Tuesday. So my wet laundry was in limbo until Tuesday. DH came home later and did the same thing and also shook the machine a bit and was able to get it open and the code cleared. Ran another load today and it happened again. This time it was harder to get the lid open, but we did, although the error code won't clear.

So service will be out on Tuesday, but was wondering if this has happened to anyone else with a TL LG? I'd like to know what to expect when service gets here.

Comment (1)