Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
best washer/dryer rec for comforters?

Posted by michoumonster (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 20, 11 at 19:27

Hi all,
I was wondering which front loading washer/dryer pairs can handle large king comforters? i currently have a whirlpool duet which can handle it, but for my next washer/ dryer, I would like to explore other options. Any recs?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: best washer/dryer rec for comforters?

Did you find out what washer filled your needs?

o

hi cleanteamofny, no, still haven't found one. I am interested in asko and miele, but wonder if they might be too small to fit a king size down comforter?

o

It may be alittle too small for it, but you should take a comforter to those appliance dealers and load the machine. Also you should be able to close the door without forcing it like your Duet. The washer you can get around the size barrier but I would focus more on the dryer because down needs room to open and dry completely.

Keep us posted on your progress!

o

thanks cleanteamofny. i never thought of bringing my laundry to the dealers! good point about the dryer. it does seem after the comforter gets wet, it is not that big. but will need a large dryer to puff back up.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here