Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which Miele??

Posted by mayart (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 30, 12 at 19:10

I have been reading here over the years & had decided that I wanted a Miele washing machine when it came time to get the next one. Our local dealer only has a w4840 (demo), a w4802, and possibly a w4842 if the sales guy can find it at one of their other locations.
Given these choices, if you were me, which would you get & why? I have to make a fairly quick decision & I don't want to chose the wrong one!! Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which Miele??

Go straight for the W4842 as there were many revisions along the way with the washer. These revisions include, but are not limited to:

• Revised door latching assembly.

• Revised tub-to cabinet door gasket retaining ring (nylon versus metal).

• Newer, larger, and 180 degree flip of the glass porthole.

• Firmware revisions (that can be uploaded using a proprietary software by an authorized Miele Tech, if applicable to the other two models you have listed).

o
RE: Which Miele??

Thank you, fahrenheit! I just called the salesman we talked to on Saturday & he told me that there are some 4842s that he could get for us. One is a scratch & dent (hopefully with a good price!!). He is still waiting on prices & will call me back when he has them.
I am hoping that the scratch & dent will be a good price, so that I don't have to dither around trying to figure out if I should go for one of the cheaper models.
The w4840 is $1,199.95 and the w4840 is $1,599.95. I'm going to get a pedestal for whichever one I get. Wish that I could use the still new-looking pedestal from my Whirlpool Duet that I will be junking.
Thanks again! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here