Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lee280zx

Miele W1986 Cold Water Intake Problem...

lee280zx
11 years ago

I started getting a blinking light beside the "Water Intake" indicator on my W1986 (accompanied by the constant beeping and shut-down of the cycle).

I spent this morning trying to track the problem down. I disconnected both supply hoses on both ends. I checked all of the filters (including the ones that are just inside the back of the washing machine where both water supply hoses connect). There were no obstructions.

I also checked the flow from each spigot for the water hoses, and the water flow for both spigots was very strong. I then checked the hoses by connecting them to the spigots on one end and leaving them disconnected on the other end. I turned on the spigots, and water shot through fine.

I reconnected everything and tried to run a cycle. Here's what I found: The hot water comes through at a nice, full flow with problem at all (I pulled the detergent drawer out and verified this). However, the cold water just barely trickles out if I turn on a cold water cycle.

I almost never wash anything in cold water (if that could have anything to do with the problem). The machine will start washing on a hot water setting just fine, but then it shuts down later in the cycle when I presume it needs cold water (to rinse, I presume).

What could be causing this? Is there anything else I can do to try to correct the problem myself?

I live in an area with hard water, so I could try running some CLR through to clean out any hard water deposits. I was thinking I could put some in the cold water hose and then run a cold cycle. Would there be anything wrong with trying that?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert