Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ldc62

Fisher Paykel Advice

LDC62
9 years ago

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum, and really need help. I recently moved, and brought my FP GWL top loading washer with me. It worked perfectly when we loaded it.
When we got to the new house, I cleaned it before bringing it inside, and now it is beeping and will not operate.
The wash light and the light just to the right of the wash light are lit up, and beeping, as well as the spin cycle light.
When I tap the pause button, those 3 lights go out, but the lid lock button starts up, but does not lock the lid.
The washer will not go through any cycles, including, just filling up.
It won't go any further than the lights, lighting up, and beeping at the same time.
Thank you for any advice, help, or possibilities.
I can call for service, but we are waaaay out in the country.
Lori

Comments (7)

• oregpsnow
    9 years ago

Welcome Lori,

There are a few owners of F&P here (not me - I have Whirlpool) so if you don't get an answer here you might try posting on automaticwasher.org. There are people on that site with every kind of machine imaginable and many also repair them.

Good Luck.

• dadoes
    9 years ago

LDC62 / Lori,

More detail is needed.

What is your full model number? There are several that begin with GWL.

Referencing this picture of a GWL11 panel, there are eight Wash Progress lights from left to right -- the first five are Wash lights, next two are Rinse, last is the final Spin.

Your error has the 3rd, 4th, and 8th lights illuminated?

If so, that is Fault Code 49 which indicates a bad cold water valve solenoid, or else the wires on it are disconnected. The machine continuously monitors the valve circuits which is why it won't otherwise do anything.

What was involved in your cleaning of the machine? Did you open the control panel, possibly disturbing the wiring?

• mrb627
    9 years ago

Just a thought, but can you confirm that both water faucets are open? Perhaps it is starved for HOT or COLD water?

Just a possibility...

MRB

• dadoes
    9 years ago

Depends on the further details, if any are offered. Water supply faucets closed causes a musical tone (not a single beep) and flashing of the cold temp light, hot temp light, or both.

Fault 49 is an electrical problem.

• LDC62
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I have been posting on here, not sure what is happening to my posts? I provided the model #, the product code, the fault codes etc.

I took dadoes advice, and replaced the water valve assembly, (least expensive part 1st).

After replacing the wva, my FP still coded on fault 49. So, I replaced the mother board, plugged it in, and it coded on 5&8. I reset the wash level settings to factory settings, and it appeared to be fixed correctly.

After the machine started filling for 5 minutes, I lifted the lid and realized, it is not filling at all, (new issue).

There is a small amount of water in the base of the tub, and it makes a glug noise.

No water in or around the machine.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks everyone
    Lori

• LDC62
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I wondered if, when my machine coded the first time, it was in a wash cycle.

I couldn't get it to fill, so I moved it to spin, let it cycle, and then started a new fill. That worked, but now, it agitates slow, in conjunction with, not recognizing the water levels (including Hold)?

Any ideas?

Lori

• dadoes
    9 years ago

You're rambling.

There's no info in the thread regarding your model number, product code, etc. If you've posted that info, it didn't come through so you need to post it again.

You say you replaced the water valve "assembly" and still had Fault 49 occurring. Cold and hot valves are separate parts on GWL11 so not clear what you mean by "assembly." You should have checked the valves' resistance readings before replacing anything. Then continuity of the cold connection wires before replacing the board (that means check both wires on the cold valve by touching a meter to the valve end and the board end of each of the two wires in turn to confirm neither wire is broken). If the wires test good, then replacement of the board would be indicated.

"It coded on 5&8." "Reset the wash level settings to factory settings." 5th and 8th wash progress lights indicate Fault 9, which is Machine Size Error. Replacement of the motor board requires setting the correct machine size on the new board per the instructions that should be included with the board. This is a normal step of the board replacement procedure. Water levels are affected by the machine size setting, but other operational parameters are also affected.

"It is not filling at all" Have you tested the hot and cold valves via Diagnostic Mode? Are the water supply faucets turned on?

"There is a small amount of water in the base of the tub, and it makes a glug noise." I assume tub means the inner drum/basket. You *see* a little water on bottom of the drum, or you *hear* a faint sound of water sloshing when you shake/jostle the drum? There are sealed gyroscopic balance rings at top and bottom of the drum partially filled with water so a slight sloshing sound is normal.

"it agitates slow, in conjunction with, not recognizing the water levels (including Hold)?" Hold is not a water level selection.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!