Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Electrolux dryer - things getting stuck

Posted by Northlut (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 9, 12 at 18:21

We've had our Electrolux Wave Touch laundry set for a couple of months now and we've been really happy with it. But the dryer (gas, EWMGD70J) has recently developed a really annoying problem. Some items, especially our sheets, keep getting jammed in between the drum and the door during the cycle. It makes a loud grinding sound and usually stops (thankfully). This is, I'm sure, very hard on both the dryer and the sheets.

I see that there's a gasket (not sure if that's really the right term for it -- it's a grey "fuzzy" ring) around the drum. It seems like this is supposed to keep things from getting into the gap. But when this problem occurs, I find that it has been shoved down inside the gap, at least part of the way around the drum.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I guess I need to call service, but I'd like to know if this has an easy fix, or if it's going to be an ongoing issue for the life of the appliance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Electrolux dryer - things getting stuck

I have never had this problem with my Wave Touch dryer, so can't really say anything but that I'd be on the phone with the vendor I bought it from for warranty service...tomorrow morning when they open!

o

sounds like an undersized gasket. my guess is the assembly plant used a batch of gasket material that wasn't manufactured to proper specs. good luck.

o

another possibility--a distorted drum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here