Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spinning in Bosch WAS24460UC

Posted by afruscione (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 28, 11 at 18:11

I own a Bosch WAS24460UC since 2009 and I am in general happy with the machine, but I do not like the fact that spinning speed is automatically set.
For example I cannot get the MAX spinning (1200 rpm) with certain cycles and some of the clothes come out way to wet (e.g the sports stuff).
So I always end up washing at the cotton cycle or redoing a manual spin at the end. But I am fed up of going up the down the stairs waiting for the end of a cycle and then the end of the spin.
Anyone knows how to override the preset spins?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spinning in Bosch WAS24460UC

I have the same machine and I absolutely love it. I've had mine since June 2010. I know what you're referring to. I do not know how to override the presets. Also, on this forum, I did read somewhere that the actual max spin might be higher because these machines are similar to the Euro ones which get... was it 1400 or 1600 rpm?

I found it.. here it is: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/laundry/msg0503302120189.html

On that page, there are two posts by lee676 talking about hacking to increase spin speeds. The posts are the 8th and 5th from the bottom of this thread. (my Axxis review is the bottom post:)

Other than that, the only thing I can think of is wash less clothes per load. The max capacity for this unit(which is noted directly below the portal hole) is about 17.7 pounds or 8 kg. I went out and bought a fish scale to weigh the clothes(so I don't put too many clothes in) and I never do a load of clothes over 12-13 pounds and I try to put similar weighted clothes too to help the balance. I think the clothes get dryer when not loaded to the max. And it's probably better for the machine also.
John

o
RE: Spinning in Bosch WAS24460UC

I'm looking for a Training or Service Manual for the Bosch Axxis units. Does anyone know how I can get my hands on one of these? Thanks so much, John

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here