Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Whirlpool LSR5132PQ0 Water Per Load?

Posted by CBR549 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 9, 12 at 17:16

How much water(exactly)does this washer use per load? For some reason it's not mentioned in the owners manual and I can't get an answer from where I bought it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Whirlpool LSR5132PQ0 Water Per Load?

Gallons per fill is rarely stated nowadays.

Per the model number, your machine dates to 2004. The serial number would clarify the year of manufacture.

It's a typical direct-drive Whirlpool washer. I do find some info dating to the late 1980s and early 1990s that states between 17.3 and 21.7 gals for a full fill, depending on the capacity of the machine -- large or super. So a complete wash/rinse cycle may be on the order of 34.6 to 43.4 gallons, plus a couple more gals for the spray rinses. Depends on whether the tub design, load capacity, and max fill level remained consistent over the course of years.

o

We had a direct-drive Whirlpool ca. 1995 that was the XL-capacity, before buying the FL last year. I always wondered how many gallons it used. Now I know I am definitely saving on water!
Thank you for posting the info, @dadoes.

o

The 18lb belt-drive models (until a revision on the tub size in the late 70s or early 80s reduced it a little) took much as 27 gallons for a full fill. The Perm Press cycle with two half-drain/refill cooldown sequences could pull more than 81 gallons total.

o

27 galllon-fill is still a lot of water. I never used the Perm-Press, thank goodness, especially now that I know the water usage. I only used the Normal and Delicate cycles and adjusted water level as needed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here