Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cbr549

Whirlpool LSR5132PQ0 Water Per Load?

CBR549
11 years ago

How much water(exactly)does this washer use per load? For some reason it's not mentioned in the owners manual and I can't get an answer from where I bought it.

Comments (4)

• dadoes
    11 years ago

Gallons per fill is rarely stated nowadays.

Per the model number, your machine dates to 2004. The serial number would clarify the year of manufacture.

It's a typical direct-drive Whirlpool washer. I do find some info dating to the late 1980s and early 1990s that states between 17.3 and 21.7 gals for a full fill, depending on the capacity of the machine -- large or super. So a complete wash/rinse cycle may be on the order of 34.6 to 43.4 gallons, plus a couple more gals for the spray rinses. Depends on whether the tub design, load capacity, and max fill level remained consistent over the course of years.

• Cavimum
    11 years ago

We had a direct-drive Whirlpool ca. 1995 that was the XL-capacity, before buying the FL last year. I always wondered how many gallons it used. Now I know I am definitely saving on water!
    Thank you for posting the info, @dadoes.

• dadoes
    11 years ago

The 18lb belt-drive models (until a revision on the tub size in the late 70s or early 80s reduced it a little) took much as 27 gallons for a full fill. The Perm Press cycle with two half-drain/refill cooldown sequences could pull more than 81 gallons total.

• Cavimum
    11 years ago

27 galllon-fill is still a lot of water. I never used the Perm-Press, thank goodness, especially now that I know the water usage. I only used the Normal and Delicate cycles and adjusted water level as needed.