Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
parias1126

Looking for a new washer after just buying a Samsung in 2012

parias1126
9 years ago

I own a Samsung WA400PJHDWR top loading washing machine. I came home one day last week to find my Samsung washing machine would not drain. I had a repair guy come out and he was not able to fix it.

I've spent hours between dealing with Samsung and appliance repair men to try and get this thing fixed. I can't even get a repair man willing to work on the machine. The repair man that was out here told me that he was unable to get the drain pump it needed. When contacting Samsung, I found out that the machine has a plastic drain pump housing which has had to be redesigned and the part was unavailable until very recently.

I then contacted another appliance repair main who told me that I couldn't pay him one million dollars to touch this machine. He texted me a slew of reviews on Amazon where customers all had the same problem I'm having after just a few months. Apparently this machine should had been recalled by Samsung and was not. Instead, they decided to redesign the drain pump and sell it to their consumers at a "discount" when their machine stopped draining.

I'm considering myself one of the lucky ones in that I don't have a flooded home (especially since my machine is upstairs). I'm just going to cut my losses at this time and be glad I got not even a solid 2 years out of this nightmare of a machine. I'm not willing to spend $112.00 (at Samsung's "discounted" price) to replace the pump when I'm finding a ton of reviews online where people have replaced it and ended up having horrible floods in their homes (same people, numerous times).

I haven't purchased a new machine yet and it's been a week. Quite frankly, I'm scared of spending all that money and this happening again. I've read the forums and have seen that Speed Queen is the machine to go with right now, but what if I didn't want to spend that kind of money again?

What other machine is a good, reliable machine? It's so hard to find good reviews online because so many people leave their review after using the machine for just a couple days.

Here is another site I found that rated this machine. If you scroll to the bottom, you will see that this particular machine should had been recalled.

http://washing-machines.findthebest.com/l/241/Samsung-WA400PJHDWR

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Monarch Design & Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars22 Reviews
Northern Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeler & Designer