Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Downy w/SilkTouch - anyone tried it?

Posted by izeve (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 28, 11 at 16:52

I saw some new Downy FS that came out. According to the website: "�SilkTouch� formulation infuses fabrics with a silky softness that makes your everyday fabrics (and you) feel fabulous"

Has anyone tried it yet? Is it really different from regular Downy? Anybody tried the new Spring Lavender scent?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Downy w/SilkTouch - anyone tried it?

Marketing nonsense. I think it is just their PR department, hoping people will think that Downy improved, or returned to classic, awesome formulas. I cannot believe the pig headed stubborness of P & G! There are 1000's of complaints on the Downy.com website about April Fresh Downy being changed & ruined...yet they do not care!

And yes, my 2 latest bottles say Silk Touch...and no difference. Yet, same nauseating fragrance!!! :-(

o

It's the same as Tide w/ ActiLift, Tide w/ AdvancedClean... it's all utter nonsense. Tide is trademarking new terms to slap on its bottles even though there is nothing changed in the formulation. I guess they have run out of ideas.

o

Haha! That's exactly what I suspected. As to the fragrances, I never liked or used April Fresh so I was not affected by the reformulation, but I do like some of Downy's other fragrances and I do like the Free & Sensitive a lot.

I stopped by my local Target last night and they do not have the new Spring Lavender scent, so I still don't know if it's any good. One piece of bad news is that my Target discontinued carrying Vaska - I am very upset! :-(

o

OMG! The other day I went down the detergent aisle for some Cascade Dishwasher Detergent so I had to pass by all the FS and such. I thought I was gonna be sick to my stomach. The smell just keeps getting stronger and stronger and more and more sickeningly sweet!! I only use Downy Free. I like some fragrance from the detergent but that's about it.

o

P.S. Tide with Actilift is the same thing as Tide 2X Ultra; I found that out in my little researches. They just put different labels on them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here